Photo equipment used for my activity of wildlife and nature photographer. After having used SLR cameras since my beginnings in photography, I switched to the hybrid system with a Nikon Z9. For wildlife photography, this camera has several advantages, among others:
- High performance autofocus.
- High shooting burst.
- Discretion when shooting in burst shots (the stacato of the Nikon D4 was annoying for some birds and made them flee).
- No occlusion of the viewfinder during the bursts, thus facilitating the follow-up of the subject.
- A high definition allowing :
- either to work in DX mode with a crop of 1.5 (my 400mm thus becomes a 600mm)
- or work in FX mode and keep the initial definition.
- or crop in post processing the shots taken in FX without degrading the definition of the shot too much. I can thus have more polished compositions. On fast actions in DX mode with a tighter framing it is more difficult to take care of the image composition.
Youtube videos to watch on the Nikon Z9